Friday, September 21, 2007

Me and my conservative ways. Maidens for Modesty

I hesitated to add this, worried that I would run off what few readers I do have. Oh well...here goes.

I have added a new button to my side bar. Maidens for Modesty has a list of values, values I hope to instill in my sweet daughter as she grows into a young lady.

Growing up I remember several times my own mother saying "Don't even think about wearing THAT out of this house"
In this day and age, I think it is so important to teach our daughters dignity and respect for themselves in the way they dress and act.

Maidens For Modesty values:

*We believe in dressing in modest apparel, as it says in 1 Timothy 2:9 - "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, ....."
*We believe in saving our bodies and not exposing them to others, but protecting what God has given us.
*We believe in being modest in the way we act, talk, walk, and carry ourselves.
*
We know that true modesty begins in the heart, and is an attitude more than what we wear.
*We believe in behaving discreetely and with modesty.
However, our clothing usually displays our true self, and we believe in dressing modestly to be a witness to others.
*We know that modesty isn't a legalistic set of rules, but rather guidelines to help determine what we should wear.
*We believe in presenting discretion and dignity in what we wear and how we behave- "As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion. " ~ Proverbs 11:22
*We believe in helping to protect men from the visual attack by dressing modestly as their sisters-in-Christ
*We believe in dressing in a way that glorifies God, not our body.
*We believe that modesty and purity are always in fashion!
*We believe that modesty isn't old-fashioned - you don't have to wear colonial dresses (like the ones in the picture) or have waist-length hair to be modest!
*
We believe that fear of the Lord is the most beautiful thing - "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I am glad you posted this!

Steph