Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Operation : Rescue

I've done it again.

I'm afraid my animal-lover, do-gooder self is showing through again. This is the 2nd animal in 2 years that I have rescued from abusive/neglectful homes. It makes me crazy when people have an animal...then starve it, ignore it, beat it, chain it, etc... not saying that all of that was done to this one, but the pic kinda speaks for itself.

Believe it or not this is a Shih Tzu. No, I didn't steal her, I talked them into giving her to me.

We tried (the night we got her home) to shave her ourselves...bad idea. Very bad idea. So I took her the following day to the groomer. Interesting side note: this dog did not even recognize dog food. So for the first week I fed her brown rice, mixed with tuna fish. Slowly introducing her to dog food. :)

Turns out, this is a very well-behaved, spayed, house-broken, 4 year old female Shih Tzu. BUT, this would be dog #5 for us...and aside from the fact we DO have the room (2 acres), I really don't need/want another dog.

So my quest is to find a forever home for Lily.

Oh yeah, after taking these pictures, I set my digital camera down on a flower planter...and it got rained on....all night.

Groomer: $30

Digital camera: $150.00

Knowing I saved this dog from a SECOND winter outdoors: Priceless.

So, be patient, her "after" pictures will be up, as soon as I can figure out how to get pictures from my camera phone..to email...to blogger. Help.

Oh yeah. Dog anyone?

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh My Goodness. Bless you for saving that poor dog! Can't wait to see the after pics!

Steph

Happi said...

AWWWW! We have a four year old Shih Tzu too! His name is Ozzie and we inherited him from my grandfather when he passed. We love him! These dogs are, by nature, people lovers. They can be hard to housebreak, so it's good yours came that way! I hope you find a forever home soon! (Where do you live? My wheels are turning...)